The Versatile Blogger Awards 2014
February 26, 2014
*I’m not sure why none of my spacing in between paragraphs made it here. I inserted space in three different times, and every time I save my work, it takes it away. My apologies for everything being crammed together 😉
So I was looking at my blog tonight, and making sure that all of my “About Me” information was current, when I noticed that like, two years ago, a follower of my blog bestowed upon me a Versatile Blogger Award! And somehow, somewhere, it completely got past me and I never knew! Now how dumb do I feel??!! But I read through the entire post from October 25, 2011 and was so honored to have been mentioned among her choices for versatile bloggers from all walks of life. Plus I LOVE the idea of an annual list of awardees to come up with and share with readers, so that all of MY favorite blogs can get a public head knod and hopefully increase their traffic each year! So thank you first and foremost to Kana Tyler of Kana’s Chronicles (http://kanatyler.com/) for giving me this awesome honor so long ago – and my apologies for not offering my thanks sooner!
Now, for those of you out there who write – especially if I have missed your blog or didn’t realize that you have one – this is a pay-it-forward award, so you can also participate and have your own award show over there on your page as well. Also, you can comment on my blog with a link to your site, for my benefit as well as for my readers. Here are the rules:
Thank your nominator with a link to their blog.
Bestow the award on 10 bloggers (sharing links to their sites, and letting them know) – I, however, am bestowing it on 11 bloggers, because I’m just crazy like that
List seven things about yourself.
Domestic Dyke’s Versatile Blogger Awards 2014 (in no particular order of importance):
* Gayby Boom Blog (http://blog.chron.com/gaybyboom) – dads Michael and Matthew Burrus-Pearce with their humoros quips about life with a toddler daughter and new infant son
* The Robot Mommy (http://therobotmommy.com) – follow along with this SAHM, as she shares her “grumps” pics, and TCIF memes (Thank Coffee It’s Friday, right?)
* The Herzy Journey (www.theherzyjourney.com) – Jenny Herzberger’s wild ride through breast cancer, treatments, and reconstruction
* Happy Herbivore Blog (www.happyherbivore.com/blog) – Our favorite resource for all things plant-based (diet, that is)!
* A Journey Through the Carcinoma Wonderland (http://mapelba.wordpress.com) – Austinite wife and artist blogging her way through breast cancer… and all that comes with it
* Slap Dash Mom (www.slapdashmom.com) – the adventures of Sadie Lankford, her wife Rachel, and their three daughters (the oldest has her own jewelry line! www.slapdashthings.com) about anything from cooking/baking, to school, to crafting, to movies, to LGBT rights, to whatever they encounter in their new home of Arizona
* Madgew-musings (http://madgew-musings.blogspot.com/) – the inner workings of Madge Woods, her friends, her family, and her travels around the U.S. and abroad!
* The Next Family (www.thenextfamily.com) – a wonderful compilation of blogs that come from a diverse family of writers on a wide variety of unique topics
* Simple Life Yoga (www.simplelifeyoga.com) – Brandie Sellers’ blog about her journey that led her to yoga, its teachings (and hers in turn as a yoga instructor), life coaching, vegetarian cooking, health & wellness, and her own experience as a breast cancer survivor
* Online with Zoe (www.onlinewithzoe.com) – amazing tales and treasures from the mind of Zoe Nicholson, human rights activist and feminist who has been on the forefront of activism, writing and speaking for many years, her writing is full of rich experiences and historical significance
* The Davey Diaries (http://daveydiaries.com) – follow along as David Mailloux rips open his insecurities to share them with others, as a white, male, educated, openly-gay recovering alcoholic…one day at a time, one step at a time
Congratulations to all of you versatile bloggers! And thanks for sharing yourself with the rest of us!
Now for my obligatory 7 things about me (according to the rules listed above):
1. I am still mildly addicted to Friends, the television show. I watch at least one episode pretty much every night of my life.
2. I once adopted two poodles from a shelter, naming the female Phoebe and the male Chandler (see? A little addicted).
3. I could eat tacos, in some form, every day, I think. Egg, beef, chicken, fish, shrimp, veggie, black bean, crispy, soft….I could go on and on.
4. I have had 4 models of Jeep in my life: Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and Grand Wagoneer.
5. I took tap, jazz, and ballet for several years as a kid (yes, with the big tutus and everything), and my mother wouldn’t let me be in any sports because that was for boys. Yeah.
6. When I was in 5th grade, my best friend was visiting her grandmother in Wylie, Texas the night that Candace Montgomery murdered Betty Gore with an ax (and was found “not guilty” after using a self-defense argument). Shortly after that, there were rumors that the murderer and her kids moved onto my street, one block down; never found out if they were true or not.
7. I do not now, nor have I ever, played Candy Crush Saga.
With THAT, I say, “Keep writing my friends! Keep reading my friends! Keep sharing my friends!”
And take care of each other.